Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's Not About Me by Max Lucado


It's Not About Me-Rescue From the Life We Thought Would Make Us Happy is a book that shakes us out of self-centered living, and finds the beauty in walking with God through life, reflecting his glory. This book is an easy read, elegantly written, and thought provoking!

I personally love Max Lucado's style of writing and the content he so wonderfully inspires his readers with. Even though I struggle with some of his theology, I find it biblically sound. His illustrations and antidotes provide deeper insight into seemingly complicated concepts.

It's Not About Me
is much more than a read that bangs you on the head with a legalistic talk down. It is actually quite the opposite. One of his basis points is that everything in life, successes, struggles, gifts and abilities, practically everything that encompasses life is for the Glory of God. By living a God centered life we are rescued from having to carry the world on our shoulders; having to be the best, the smartest, the richest. And, if we are those things, we are still just a small part in a masterpiece of a puzzle. What we do matters, and it is all to reflect others to the source, like the moon reflects the sun.

I think that most people reading this book already get the concept of "it's not all about me." I think the title is a little misleading, because although the basic premise of the book is about that, I found it expounded on many different topics directed toward just living a life with Jesus.

This book is simple and yet so complex at the same time. My explanations could never do it justice. If you want an uplifting, thought provoking read, try It's Not About Me.


I got this book for free from Book Sneeze, and this is my unbiased review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment